L-1 A Visa allows overseas multinational companies to transfer their executives and managers including business owners to open/manage a new or existing US business. The employees who are transferred to the U.S. branch either work in a managerial or in an executive capacity. If the US immigration process is taking place in a company in LA, we suggest that the companies consult an immigration lawyer in LA or immigration law firm in LA.

L-1A Visa Application Process

PassRight` attorneys can assist as an immigration law firm in LA with your L-1A Visa process through our qualified immigration lawyer in LA.

The first part is the Company back home:

– we will need to submit a description and evidence confirming that the company back home is real and operating and can support financially new US venture; This company has to have a few employees on its payroll.

The 2nd part if the US business:

– we will need to provide evidence confirming that the new US company has been opened and started operations, or is going to start soon; It will be also required to submit the business plan for the new company.

The 3rd part is the Applicant:

– we will need to prove that applicant possesses required experience to manage the new US company and was employed by the company from the home country for at least 1 year in the last 3 years.

It is important to mention that you can come to the US on your B-1/B-2 Visa and later change the status to L-1A; however, it will not be a visa, it will be just confirmation that your status in the U.S has been changed. In order to get a visa in your passport, you will need to attend an interview at the US embassy in your home country.

Following listed items are needed for an L-1A Executive Visa.

Foreign Company
• Articles of Incorporation (or whatever document opened your business with the State Government);
• Certificate of Registration (or whatever is filed with the government yearly);
• Board Authorization for California Start-up Business;
• List of Shareholders;
• 2015 Tax Returns (2014 if 2015 has not been filed yet);
• Lease for Business Premises;
• Telephone Bills and Yellow page directory listing, also include directions to business premises;
• Profit & Loss Statements;
• Balance Sheet;
• Bank Statements (last 12 Months);
• Company Brochures;
• Color Photographs of Business Premises (15 to 20 inside & outside – also show company logos, products, and employees in some of the photos), please mail, we cannot print out;
• Organizational Chart (to include all workers names and their job titles);
• List of all employees, with job titles and a brief job description;

U.S Company
• Company Statement;
• Articles of Incorporation;
• Organizational Minutes;
• IRS Letter for EIN issuance;
• Stock Ledger;
• Copies of al Issued Stock Certificates;
• Bank Statements;
• Business License;
• Seller’s Permit;
• Organizational Chart (for all current employees and future positions);
• Commercial Lease for Business Premises, with square footage and floor plan. Rent a desk operations are not acceptable for Visa purposes;
• Telephone Bills and Yellow page directory listing;
• Color Photographs of Business Premises (15 to 20 inside & outside – also include photos of company logos, emblems, products and employees), please mail we cannot print out;
• Business Plan;

• Color Copy of Passport I.D. Page
• Color Copy of Visa Page (if you are here in the U.S.);
• Color Copy of I-94 (if you are here in the U.S.);
• Employment Verification Letter;
• Payroll Summary for the last year or whatever is Similar to our W-2;
• Payroll Stubs/ Earnings Statements – For the last thirteen months;
• Resume / Curriculum Vitae.

This list is not inclusive. We may ask you for additional documentation.