The H-1B visa is available to tech talent that has at minimum a bachelor’s degree in their chosen field. While there are no nationality requirements and there is no necessary commitment to work for the company abroad prior to filing, there is an annual cap that allows for only 65,000 Bachelor’s qualifying cases and an additional 20,000 for qualified applicants with a Master’s Degree. However, now that all of the H-1B visas for the 2020 Fiscal Year have been allocated, employers and foreign national professionals still have several other options to choose from.

O-1 Visa – For The Extraordinary Talents

While it might seem like a stretch, many tech professionals would be surprised to learn that they could actually qualify for the highly coveted 0-1 Visa that does not have any time limits or application caps. This makes it a great alternative option to the H-1B visa. For more information or on how to begin your 0-1 Visa application process contact today. Qualifying tech talents, including up to 200 women, who apply with PassRight could be eligible for 100% financed O-1 visas. PassRight also offers qualified applicants income sharing agreements as well as sponsorship.  

E-3 VIsa – For the Australians

If you are coming from Australia, you might be able to immigrate to the United States with the E-3 Visa. While this visa is limited to Australian professionals and is considered to be a “specialty occupation” visa, it is similar to the H-1B visa. Australian citizens must have a bachelor’s degree or higher in their chosen field, and their specialty occupation must actually require the degree. Unfortunately there is a 10,500 annual limit on this visa.

L-1 Visa – For International Organization Employees

The L-1 visa is for international organizations that have offices in the U.S. who want to transfer employees to the U.S. for a temporary period of time. To qualify for the L-1 visa, the petitioner has to prove that the beneficiary of the visa has worked for at least one year within the last three years for the non-U.S. based company/subsidiary. The beneficiary also has to be an employee with specialized knowledge, a manager, or an executive of the company. This visa is often used by large international businesses and corporations, but also could be applicable to smaller companies that have offices both in and outside of the U.S.

F-1 Visa – For the Prospective Students

Since the H-1B visa is available to tech talent who have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, foreign national professionals could apply for immigration to the U.S. by choosing to advance their education and enrolling in a U.S. college or university to earn a certificate or master’s degree that further develops their skill. F-1 beneficiaries must maintain a full time student status at all times while in the U.S under the F-1 visa.  

E-2 Visa – For the Entrepreneurs

If you are a foreign founder and want to start a business in the U.S. then the E-2 visa is the perfect solution for you. The E-2 visa is for investors and allows for individuals to live and work in the U.S. if they have made a significant investment in an active business that they will be directly controlling or managing while residing in the U.S. This investment could be in something as simple as a specialty cafe in a small town or as complicated as the latest tech startup in Silicon Valley. The important thing is that you have made a “substantial” investment in the business and are responsible for actively maintaining it. The E-2 visa is initially given for a period of three months to five years, but can be extended indefinitely.

How PassRight Can Help You

us immigration visa

These are just a few of the most common visas that are available to those hoping to come to the U.S for work, school or business. PassRight can help you select and apply for the one that fits your circumstances. If you already know which visa you qualify for or if you prefer to wait for the 2021 Fiscal Year H-1B Visa application period to open, then PassRight can assist you in preparing your documents so they are ready to be filed for whichever visa is best for you. However, if you are not sure which visa is the best alternative to the H-1B visa, please sign up for a free consultation with PassRight today.